Workshop – Ethics and Technology: Some Issues

Have you ever wondered if we should fear robots to become sort of terminators in a not too distant future? How far should human enhancement go? What kind of duties do we have towards nature, and why?

LaborBG

The workshop on “Ethics and Technology: Some Issues”
on November 15th, 2017, 2-6pm, at the foyer of the institute for technical education and university didactic, Am Irrgarten 3-9 (Q), 21073 Hamburg

invites you to discuss the main controversies in contemporary bioethics, especially those concerning the intersection between ethics and technology.

Speakers will be:

Mario De Caro, Professor in Moral Philosophy (Roma Tre University / Tufts University)
About „Sociopsychology and neuroscience vs. responsibility"

Mirko D. Garasic, Research Scholar (UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights) and Visiting Professor in Neuroethics (IMT School for Advanced Studies)
About „Brain Enhancement: What Does It Mean for Our Relationships?”

Steffen Steinert, PhD Candidate, (Ludwigs-Maximilians-Universität München)
About „Roomba, Drones and Terminator - The ethical implications of robotic technology”

The workshop is linked to the project Tekethics, which is an open learning project of Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH) in cooperation with the IMT School for Advanced Studies in Lucca and the UNESCO Chair in Bioethics and Human Rights in Rome funded by the Hamburg Open Online University (HOOU, hoou.de). It aims to introduce people to the main controversies in contemporary bioethics, especially to those concerning the intersection between ethics and technology. More information here: https://tekethics.rz.tuhh.de.

The event will be free at charge and held in english.
If you like to join the event, we would be grateful, if you could leave us a short response here.

We would be happy to see you!

4. Chapter: Neuroscience and the Law
Workshop zu Technik und Ethik am 15.11.2017

Looking forward to it!

I am also there. (20 characters)

Great! Looking forward to see you all there soon! (and to have a stimulating discussion)

Looking forward to a great and interesting discussion! See u there!

I’ll be there as well. Absolutely looking forward to it!

I will be there as well.

I will also be there! Looking forward.

I am going to be there as well!

Sounds great! I will be there too:slight_smile:

I intend to join, at least the first parts.